Research shows that when parents get involved with their children’s education, student achievement increases by a measurable 30%. Thirty percent is an incredible number when looking at test results and achievement. How might you get involved in your child’s education?
- Set Expectations that reasonable and attainable
- Set Goals and work on them one at a time
- Recognize Effort not just the end result
- Be Flexible and allow for different amounts of work, etc.
- Acknowledge the skills acquired
- Compliment them for a job well done
These are six quick and easy ways to be involved with your child’s education that I like to share with families. It doesn’t matter the age of the child, these strategies work to improve what your child does in school. They take little of our time, require little effort from us, and yet make a huge difference in the lives of our children.