Phoenix Advantage Charter School Student Council
Our Mission Statement: Student Council wants to foster spirited leaders who are committed to serving our school and represent the voices of the student body.
Who can join the Student Council?
We are students who filled out an application at the beginning of the year. We sought out recommendations from our teachers and wrote out our mission statements to be leaders of our school. We must maintain grades no lower than a C. Some of us play sports, some of us struggle with a class or two– but we all have something in common– we love our school and work to be leaders who are spirited and responsible. We meet during lunches once or twice a week so transportation is not an issue.
What are some Student Council Activities?
- Organize dances and spirit weeks.
- Organize charity events like book drives.
- Run our school recycling program.
- Decorate our school and computer labs.
- Help run school events like field days and assemblies.
- Raise funds by making and selling Holiday grams.
We are members of the Arizona Association of Junior High Student Councils. This means we can go teach other councils about building school spirit and go to student retreats throughout the year. http://www.aajhsc.org
Applications for Student Council for the 2019-2020 School year will be out at the end of August!
For questions, please contact the advisor Ti Talleri at TTalleri@phoenixadvantage.org
New for 2019-2020 School Year
- Art Club
- Math Tutoring (by invitation)
- Reading Tutoring (by invitation)