Arizona School Tax Credit
Reduce Your Tax Bill and Students Benefit!
If you are filing as single you may give up to $200.00; if you are filing jointly you may give up to $400.00. Please consider giving to PACS today.
Anyone who is an Arizona resident can participate in this program. So, ask your family, neighbors, co-workers and friends to help PACS.
Arizona School Tax Credits can be mailed to PACS, dropped off in the PACS office, or through the PACS web site. Tax credits can be paid in full or in installments. However, all tax credits must be postmarked no later than December 31. 2012.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I have to do to qualify for this credit?
To qualify for this credit you must make a cash contribution to PACS.
What is the maximum dollar amount of the credit?
- For the taxable year 2012 for a single taxpayer or head of household, the credit cannot exceed $200.00. For married taxpayers that file a joint return the credit cannot exceed $400.00. If married taxpayers file separate returns, each person may claim half the credit that would have been allowed on a joint return.
Will I qualify for the credit if I pay for my own child to participate in an extra curricular activity?
Any amount that you pay to have your child participate in an extra curricular activity qualifies for the tax credit.
If I give my tax credit to PACS, I will receive a credit on my Arizona State taxes, dollar for dollar. What is the catch?
There is no catch to this program! You will receive a credit, dollar for dollar, as long as you pay AZ State income taxes!
What if I don’t have Children at PACS?
- You may still give your tax credit as long as you are an AZ resident and pay AZ income tax.
How can I redirect my taxes to PACS?
You can mail your check to PACS or drop it off in the office.
Is there paper work to fill out?
- Yes. Please complete the PACS Arizona School Tax Credit Form, which can be found in the PACS office and on the PACS web site. This form should be included with your tax credit payment if you mail or drop off the tax credit.
When will I get a receipt?
- You will receive a receipt from PACS in January 2011. You will need the receipt to complete your 2012 tax return.
May this tax credit also be used as a donation on my federal income taxes?
- Yes, the tax credit is considered a donation to a non-profit organization and can be used as a deduction on your federal income taxes.
What is the deadline for the tax credit?
- All tax credits for 2012 must be postmarked by December 31, 2012.
What if I need more information?
- Please contact your tax advisor or visit the Arizona Department of Revenue web site at www.revenue.state.az.us