Cornerstones of the Phoenix Advantage Model
The heart of Phoenix Advantage is our students and their academic, social and emotional needs.
- Outstanding, well-educated teachers
- Strong, research based curriculum
- Regular assessment and adjustment to meet individual instructional needs
- Great Kindergarten model for an strong school foundation
- Plentiful learning resources and opportunities for hands-on learning
- Three technology labs with rigorous and fun instructional programs
- Science Lab for experimentation in upper grades
- Extended recess time and structured play for exercise and mental acuity
- PACS Club every Friday for weekend food support
- Snacks provided through the Fresh, Fruit & Vegetable Program
- Small class sizes and smaller school environment – teachers and staff know the students
- Monthly awards assemblies celebrating academics, character & improvement.
- Telephone calls, notes home, emails, robo-calling to ensure parent communication and involvement
- Theater, Spanish and Physical Education Specials for all students
- Elective classes for older students in addition to the regular specials so they can develop their interests for high school
- Annual theatrical production for all students. We have previously presented Peter Pan, Jr., Lion King, Jr. and more.
- Musical performance at mid-year for the entire school
- Dean of Students provides small group and individual counseling for students
- Uniforms, school supplies and backpacks for students who cannot provide their own
- Operation Santa – every child in Kinder-3rd Grade receives a gift during the Holiday Season
- Food boxes provided for most of the needy families in the school all year long.
- Quarterly barbecues provide a time to parents to eat a barbecue lunch with their children. We all eat outside together in a festival atmosphere with picnic tables and music for an atmosphere of community sharing.
- Trunk or Treat each October to provide community support & a safe Trick or Treating Event for all families in the area.