Phoenix Advantage Charter School’s curriculum combines the rigors of solid skill building in the core content areas of English/Language Arts, Math and Science with our award winning, interdisciplinary humanities and social studies curriculum called Paragon.
The core curriculum includes the nation’s top rated Open Court Reading, SRA Math, and Harcourt Brace Science.
Students receive the rigor of core courses coupled with the “hands-on” approach of Paragon that enables them to practically apply what they learn in class.
UNIQUE PROGRAM ASPECTS: in addition to meeting or exceeding all state and federal standards)
• NO tuition (PACS is a FREE Public School of Choice)
• Extended school year and one extra hour of learning per day (During K-8 experience, each student receives equivalent of 3 years additional education)
• Scheduling enables use of instructional learning centers.
• Free full day kindergarten
• Highly qualified instructional staff
• Extensive professional development programs
• Fulltime curriculum coach to provide daily professional development
• Individualized learning plans for all students to challenge all students
• Pre- and Post-testing each fall and spring to measure “what students know” and also to measure “how much students have learned” during the year.
• Multiple testing including ITBS, Terra Nova and AIMS
• Full time art and music instructors
• Immersion program for English language learners
• Educational assistants for each kindergarten class
• Technology -computers incorporated into classroom instruction
• Comprehensive special education programs and services
• Before and after school programs
• “Paragon Night” held throughout the year for students to demonstrate their learning accomplishments to their parents and the community
• Uniform dress code and strong student behavior code of civility
• Parental involvement stressed and encouraged. Parents, teacher and student sign agreement prior to school year.
• Annual “customer satisfaction” surveys of parent